When moving to the cloud, businesses undergo a complete transformation. This transition is not just any decision made in a day or a month. It takes continuous brainstorming, network assessments and involvement of the management to implement the cloud strategy. Choosing a cloud service is the most important decision in this process.
Some key considerations while moving to the cloud network are:
- Data security
- Regulations & compliance
- Skills & operation
Organizations are skeptical about leaking some of their information such as the patient data, financial data, and intellectual data on the cloud (especially public cloud) and prefer to keep it in-house. Here, security is the primary concern as many companies would have access to the memory cache as well as the other resources .In the cloud environment, a complexity in layering and changing controls often occurs. Also, the most important intervention is of the users.
Why Private cloud is preferred over Public networks
The problem is not necessarily that the public cloud service providers are not capable or safe enough to be trusted by businesses for their data structures; however, the private cloud services attract entrepreneurs who prefer customization. Of course, there are security issues with the private cloud too which can be minimized by adopting the following methods:
- Plan for proper zoning
- Don’t mask LUN’s at the local HBA
- Implement encryption wherever appropriate
- Proper layer 2 & 3 access controls planning with VLANs and ACLs
- Buy appropriate hardware for consistency & resource load
- Plan for new chipset-based security mechanisms
VIRTUAL MACHINES & MANAGEMENT PLATFORMS
- Configuration management: Build all virtual machines from templates and manage them closely
- Access controls: Leveraging access to a defined set of individuals can help monitor the traffic and stay protected from external interventions.
- Integration with applications & orchestration tools is critical
AUDITING & MONITORING IAAS SECURITY
- Auditing should include elements such as VM logs, hypervisor logs and file integrity, orchestration logs
- Vulnerability and network scanners can also monitor ports & services in the cloud environment
- Scripts can help validate strict guide controls or tools like Host Profiles (VMware)
Businesses often consider moving to cloud a s a risky process. However, in today’s world, such a move is crucial to prepare for upcoming changes, as in a few years, almost everything will inevitably exist on cloud. It is critical to make the right choice of your cloud service provider as only experienced and well-equipped Managed service providers (MSPs) can help you ease the process while staying secured.
Net Activity, Inc., offers public, private and hybrid Cloud computing solutions, which include Cloud assets, IPs and services that are customized to meet the diverse business requirements. The Net Activity team is uniquely positioned as a leader in cloud infrastructure services network. To know To learn about our pricing and services, contact Harry Bhatia at 2165035150 X 206. You can also visit our website: http://www.netactivity.us/cloud-computing-services.html.
Thank You for visiting us.